Would you marry the brother of your husband that died? How soon is too soon to move on after his passing? Should you limit your search for love because it seems too close for comfort? Is it really disgusting to date within a family? All of these questions popped into my mind after reading on Facebook that Hallie Biden, widow of Joe Biden’s son Beau, is allegedly dating her brother-in-law, Hunter.
It’s crazy to think that we’re entreating the 6th month of 2015. Half of the year is almost over. Time to get into my favorites for April. I didn’t have many music favorites, but I’ve caught up and discovered new shows along. Plus, can’t forget my YouTube obsession. Enough rambling, let’s get into it.
- Tinashe, ‘All Hands on Deck
- Jason Derulo, ‘Want to Want Me’
- J. Cole, ‘Wet Dreamz’
- Ciara, ‘Dance Like We’re Making Love’
I’ve been getting into planning & organization, hence the frequent “Spicy Saturday” posts and I can’t stop watching videos from these YouTubers:
Moving on to TV, I am in STRONG dislike of Shonda Rhimes for killing off McDreamy. No I was not always an avid Grey’s Anatomy watcher, but I knew enough to keep up. That episode of when she killed him off was so emotional, especially with Snow Patrol’s, ‘Chasing Cars,’ playing in the background as every machine was turned off. Then when he took his last breath?! Such an emotional episode. It’s about time for that show to end in general.
On the other side of Shondaland, I would have lost it if she would’ve killed off McDreamy and Jake in the same night. Scandal has been a hit & miss for me, but this month I’ve been watching and this back and forth between Olivia and Papa Pope is interesting. I mean interesting as in Olivia thinking she has one over on her dad and then he comes in and shuts everything down. Can’t wait for the final two episodes of the season.
A new show that I discovered this month was NCIS: New Orleans. Where the hell was I when the show began in September of last year? Clearly under a rock. I haven’t been into much of NCIS of the Los Angeles spinoff, but for some reason I’m really enjoying this one. Interestingly enough, CSI: Cyber has kept my attention as well.
Moving on from crime/drama/heartbreak I can’t forget to mention one of my favorite shows, The Middle. While I enjoy other comedies on TV this one always lures me in. My favorite character? Sue. Poor girl can never catch a break.
Note: Be sure to click the links in bold to find items I’ve mentioned and/or links to related posts.
We’re four months into 2015 and it’s time for another round of monthly favorites. Be sure to check out my February Favs HERE. I don’t have much for this month, but I’ve decided to share what I like and what I dislike, music and more. Here’s my music favs (not many):
- Yazz, ‘Drip Drop’
- Usher, ‘I Don’t Mind’
- Kanye West, ‘All Day’
- Sam Smith/John Legend, ‘Lay Me Down’
As for TV shows I’ve gotten back into watching Criminal Minds and more specifically Law & Order: SVU. I stopped watching the show after Stabler (Christopher Meloni) left, but then more of the cast left and I wasn’t interested. Well, I’ve slowly started to watch again and I’m actually enjoying it. Another show that I thought I wouldn’t enjoy is CSI: Cyber. A lot of spinoffs don’t last, and I’m not sure if this one will either, but from what I’ve seen I like it. Lastly, I stumbled across a show, Secrets and Lies. Boy is it interesting and hopefully, even if the show gets answered, the murder will be solved.
Scandal, Scandal, Scandal. I did watch the last episode where Cyrus got married, for the third time. Before then I hadn’t watched for two weeks. Now here’s my thing with the show. I’m sick of the back and forth between Olivia and Fitz. I get it, they have this unwavering love for each other, but let’s add another element. With the episode that’s coming up with Jake going crazy, hopefully the show will become enticing again. I’m still waiting on the fall for How To Get Away With Murder. Welp that’s it for this month. I’ve gotten back into watching TV which can be a good and bad thing. Other than that I stick to watching YouTube. I hope to add more to my next round of monthly favorites. Until next time…
I’ve been blogging more than music this year so this post is dedicated to my obsessions of 2014. My This Year In Music post, where I highlight my favorite albums, video, singles, and all that jazz will be up NYE! Check out my non-music obsessions tomorrow.
- WWE Network: As a wrestling fan this was a great creation and as the network launched February 24th, I along with other millions of fans took part int he $9.99/month, 6-month commitment. Check out my review HERE of the network. I have been obsessed not so much for the 12 pay-per-views included with the network, but for the documentaries. My favorite specials included: ‘Monday Night War’, ‘WWE Countdown’, and most recently ‘Rivalries’. Now that there is no commitment I can opt out at anytime. For the time being I’m satisfied with my service and as long as they keep the original content coming, I’ll stick around.
- YouTube: I’ve been addicted to YouTube for years. I have so many YouTubers that I’m subscribed to and in picking my obsessions of the year it was semi-difficult as I love all the content from those I’m subscribed to. This year though I’ve been obsessed with blogs and ASMR. Here are my favs: GabeBabeTV, AkaydollX2, AprilJustinTV, and LaVitaDiMeg. For those that don’t know what ASMR is, I just discovered it this year. Click HERE and HERE to check out those types of videos.
- Netflix: Who DOESN’T love Netflix. I cancelled for a month and tried out Hulu and I didn’t like it so I went back to my Netflix subscription. As soon as I signed back up BOOM the entire series of Criminal Minds was added and I became OBSESSED. There were full episodes here & there on YouTube, but I hadn’t watched the series from the beginning on TV so this was a great way to catch up. Other shows on Netflix I binge watched this year were United States of Tara and Law & Order. Unfortunately Law & Order has been removed :(.
- SHONDA RHIMES THURSDAY: Last but not least Shonda Rhimes is the BOSS of ABC on Thursdays. She started with Gray’s Anatomy then added the phenomenon Scandal, and now the thriller and mystery How to Get Away with Murder. Earlier in the year I was interested in Scandal as most people were, but this fall premiere was a bit lack luster. How to Get Away With Murder was amazing from BEGINNING to END and I can’t WAIT to see what else is in store. Cheers to more Shonda Rhimes content. #TGIT #ThankGodItsThursday #HTGAWM
Welp there’s what I’ve been obsessed with this year and I can’t wait to see what’s in store from 2015 from my favs.