I have gone through my beauty stash because I do not consider myself having a collection. I’m not into makeup much at all. Not foundation, although I love MAC’s studio fix powder plus foundation which I’d purchase again for $27. Then there’s eyeshadow which I’m far from being a pro at applying and I just keep it around to have around. When it comes to lipstick, I am quite a sucker. I have had to go through and purge my collection, but I’m happy with what I have kept. Be sure to click the links highlighted for related posts and links to products featured.
I love lipstick. Not lipgloss, but lipstick. With my skin tone I love purples, certain reds, and a few nudes. With the matte liquid lip trend going on, it’s something that I’d like to try out in the summer. I want to master the lip pencil with the matt lippie for sure.
As for what’s in my stash, my ultimate favorite would have to be the Revlon Lip Butters. I love the consistency of the product. It’s so smooth and hydrating and while it feels like a lip balm it packs so much color. My favorite shade is ‘Fig Jam.’
I also have just about every variety of purple that there is. I just don’t like pink on my skin tone so purple/berry shades work well. I would like to find a pink that compliments my skin tone, but I just prefer purple. A lot of my lippies are from the drugstore and Drugstore.com is one of my favorite places to buy what I can’t find locally.
The most outlandish color would have to be Mac’s Hautecore. It’s a black lippe. I couldn’t resist it being a Steelers fan. Yes, I bought it for that reason. I have paired it with yellow eyeshadow on top just for effect. Experiment, it’s just makeup.
I’m not really into lipstick trends. As noted above, the matte liquid lipstick is what’s hot right now, but I love a vampy lip all year round. I haven’t really experimented with other colors and purple just happens to be my thing, but I’m open to experimenting.
As for storage, I have my lippies in this 24 slot container that I purchased on Ebay. You can find them just about anywhere, but I love the acrylic look. I have longer lippies that I keep in a mini storage drawer that I got on clearance from Target, but 95% of my collection has been consolidated into the 24 slots. Purchase the acrylic organizer HERE.
Links to purchase what’s in my stash are below:
- ELF Matte Lip Color (Praline|Coral|Natural|Tea Rose|Rich Red)
- Wet n Wild MegaSlicks Balm Stain (Red-Dy Or Not|Lady and the Vamp)
- Wet n Wild MegaLast Lip Color (Ravin’ Raisin|Cherry Bomb|Sugar Plum Fairy| Vamp It Up|Mocha-licious|*Ferguson Crest Cabernet)
- Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter (Fig Jam|Raspberry Pie|Red Velvet)
- Maybelline ColoSensational Vivids | Brazen Berry
- Covergirl Colorlicious | 335 Embrace
- Rimmel London Lasting Finish by Kate Moss | Rossetto 09
- MAC Cosmetics (Heroine|*Hautecore)
- Too Faced La Crème Color Drenched Lipstick | Naked Dolly
- BITE Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick | Palomino (alternative)
- Buxom Full Bodied Lipstick | Menace
- Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Color | Red Amour
- Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick | Speak Your Mind
- FRESH Sugar Lip Treatment | Bold Flirty Berry
- OCC Lip Tar Matte | Black Dahlia
- Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick | Melted Fuchsia
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick | Outlaw
- Tarte Power Pigment | Sheer Berry
- Sephora Rouge Infusion Lip Stain | Red Essence