One of my major goals for this year was to read more. There’s so many books sitting on my bookshelf that I have yet to read and what better time to do it than now. There’s so much content coming to the blog, but I wanted to share my 2016 reading list and once I’m done reading a book I’ll be sharing my thoughts/highlights along with whether it’s worth the read or not. Let’s call this series ‘Chaotic Reads.’
I have eight books on my list so far for this year, six of which have been collecting dust on my bookshelf. Below are the full titles and links to the books:
- LaLa Anthony, The Power Playbook
- Nichole S. Jackson, From the Hood to the Hills
- Lois P. Frankel, Nice Girls Don’t Get The Corner Office: 101 Unconscious Mistakes Women Make
- Alida Nugent, Don’t Worry It Gets Worse: One Twentysomething’s (Mostly Failed) Attempts at Adulthood
- Joyce Meyer, Battlefield of the Mind: Winning the Battle in Your Mind
- Linda Kaplan Thayer & Robin Koval, The Power of Small: Why Little Things Make all the Difference
- Sophia Amoruso, #GirlBoss
- Amy Poehler, Yes Please
The books are not listed in the order that I plan o reading them although I will be starting with LaLa’s Playbook. I’m not putting a start or end date on any of the books, I just want to read them all. It’d be great to read the six that I do own by the summer and then during July and August read #GirlBoss and #YesPlease. That’s a huge goal for me being that I haven’t actually sat down to read a book in quite some time. I read a lot online, but other than that I’ve been a huge slacker.
Aside from the books collecting dust on my shelf, I feel that the books on this list are the motivation and positivity that I need. I have a lot I’d like to accomplish this year being that I’ll be 25 in October. I don’t want another year to pass me by while I’m still stuck. The culmination of these books are beyond the typical novels people may read. I’m all about gaining something from the information I obtain.
Stay tuned for my ‘Chaotic Reads’ series where I’ll be sharing my highlights of the books along with whether they were worth reading or not. Also be sure to click the links above to purchase the books featured.