This year I decided to switch things up in terms of my yearly favorites. I’ve usually done an entire recap of my music favorites along with my non-muis favs, but music just didn’t strike me this year. When I first started blogging it was all about music news and reviews, but I felt stuck in a bubble which is why I took the leap of faith and changed my blog name from MusicMovingForward to ChaoticCritic. The blog is clearly more than music and I’ve been in quite the planner craze, but there’s a lot more content coming in 2016 that I can’t wait to share. ChaoticCritic will be undergoing a lot of changes and I hope you all stick around for the transformation.
Looking back at 2015, I’ve been trying to compile list of what I’ve been obsessed with this year. So, let’s get to it.
- NCIS | I never in a million years thought I’d be OBSESSED, no joking, OBSESSED with NCIS. My mother used to watch JAG and I hated hat show, but now since I love NCIS I kinda want to give JAG another try. I probably won’t, but it’s a lingering thought. I was so hooked on the show that I watched all 12 seasons, thanks to Netflix, in a span of 3 months. I would watch it any chance I got. I took a road trip to DC and watched it the whole way. Before NCIS it was Hawaii Five-0 which I LOVE and before that CSI:NY and before that Criminal Minds. Honestly, none of those top NCIS for me. I love the characters, the storyline, really I just love Gibbs’ character. Amazing show and yup I’ll be purchasing the entire series and watching again from the beginning on Netflix.
- PLANNING! | I purchase the MAMBI Happy Planner in May and ever since I received it, I’ve been obsessed with planning. I love watching planner videos, making my own, following new people on Instagram. It’s clear that my blog has been taken over by planing. There’s just so much that I wanted to share in 2015. I think that the planner world is amazing and people are really obsessed over planners. I just have one, but I’m amazed at the number of planners people hoard for whatever reason. Cheers to more planning in 2016.
- YouTube | I love YouTube and I’ve always watched more YouTube than I’ve watched TV. What I really loved about this year was really taking the time to create content that I loved, planner videos. I’ve had a lot of fun filming, editing, and sharing my planner spreads with the ever growing planner community. My goal for 2016 is to ante up the editing and get more creative with my concepts. I really enjoy this and honestly it’s another outlet for my creativity more than anything.
- Downsizing & Organizing | I love watching organization videos on YouTube and I’ve just really enjoyed downsizing this year. I’ve been doing it every 3 months or so and it’s been easier each time. Before I would take too much time contemplating over whether I used an item even though I knew I didn’t. Now it’s been easier for me to go through my closet, my shoes, books, makeup, etc. and just throw out what is old, donate what is good, and use what I have without purchasing excess. Organizing hasn’t been about perfection, but making and sticking to a system.
- DIYS | I’ve really been trying to make use of the materials that I have without having to buy all the time. Home decor has become quite the weakness, but with a budget, I’ve been trying to recreate a lot of what I see. Thanks to Pinterest I’ve been able to DIY a lot from party planning to Christmas decor. It’s been fun and again another outlet for my creativity. I can’t wait to experiment more in 2015.
It wouldn’t be an obsession list without the songs that I’ve been obsessed with in 2015. Unlike previous years, I don’t have a huge list, but I wanted to share what I enjoyed anyway.
So long 2015 and cheers to 2016. Better music, less drama, and more creativity. Let’s inspire!