This past Sunday (5/17) was a big night for Taylor Swift at the Billboard Music Awards. Not only did she debut her action-packed video for her new single ‘Bad Blood,’ but she took home 8 awards as well including Top Artist (To see full list of winners click HERE).
Before even getting into the trailer let’s talk about the all star cast she has featured:
- Kendrick Lamar (rapper) – Welvin Da Great
- Selena Gomez (singer/actress) – Arsyn
- Lena Dunham (HBO “Girls”) – Lucky Fiori
- Serayah McNeill (Fox “Empire) – Dilemma
- Gigi Hadid (model) – Slay-Z
- Ellie Goulding (singer) – Destructa X
- Martha Hunt (model) – Homeslice
- Cara Delevigne (model/actress) – Mother Chucker
- Zendaya Coleman (actress/singer) – Cut Throat
- Hayley Williams (singer) – The Crimson Curse
- Hailee Steinfeld (“Pitch Perfect 2”) – The Trinity
- Lily Aldridge (model) – Frostbyte
- Karlie Kloss (model) – Knockout
- Jessica Alba (actress) – Domino
- Mariska Hargitay (actress “Law & Order:SVU”) – Justice
- Ellen Pompeo (actress ‘Grey’s Anatomy” – Luna
- Cindy Crawford (model) – Headmistress
That’s 16 extra phenomenal ladies alongside Taylor Swift in what is not just an epic music video, but an epic trailer. It’s great that she has the freedom to release something like this and have the support of other ladies to be a part of the project. I was most surprised to see one of my favs Mariska Hargitay with Ellen Pompeo then I played the video back to see Jessica Alba, then again and spotted Ellie Goulding. I love that this is not a chick flick, which is the vibe Taylor gives off, but that this video is KICK ASS! I have to stop calling it a video, it’s beyond that.
The scenes include Taylor fighting in the beginning then she’s smacked out a glass window by Selena Gomez, with a briefcase at that, and she lands on a car and the video starts with her laying on it. She’d really be dead, but of course not. She ends up coming back to life and going through a training phase with knives and boxing to get ready for what could be an ultimate battle. If this really does turn into a comic book series, I’d definitely buy it. I think the visual would be way cooler just to see if it can live up to the hype of this 4:05 minute production.
The remix sounds like it could be more of a Kendrick song as he’s featured more on the track than Taylor is. When listening to the original version, it makes sense with Kendrick’s flow and the action theme. I’m really enjoying the music that Taylor’s putting out and this has more of an edge to it that works for her. No wonder she reigns constantly on the charts.
Check out the video below: