I haven’t done a Wellness Wednesday in quite some time, 6 months to be exact, but I did want to share my experience with Nature Box. The box is generally $19.95, but I found a coupon code online and got the box for $9.99 including free shipping. The site was pretty easy to navigate. You can choose the 5 snacks that you want and if you choose to order again you can lock in those snacks for your next purchase. As for the snack selection it was pretty decent. You can also cancel your membership at any time.
I ordered my box this past Wednesday (10/22) and I received it Saturday (10/25). I ordered:
- Baked Cheddar Potato Fries (3.75oz)
- Watermelon Fruit Chews (4oz)
- Country Ranch Sunflower Kernels (5oz)
- Dried Mango ( 3.6oz)
- Honey Dijon Pretzels (5oz)
- BONUS – Sunshine Chips (4oz)
- Baked Cheddar Potato Fries: I was not really impressed with this snack. I’m a sucker for anything with cheddar, but this snack just tasted a little weird. Maybe it’s because it’s baked, but I’ve had other baked cheddar snacks. It does have a kick to it. I had to recheck to see if it sad aged cheddar, but no. The packaging says it is to be ‘savory’. For me I wouldn’t really agree. It was just alright, 3/5.
- Watermelon Fruit Chews: One of my favorite YouTubers, AKayDoll raves about these in her blogs (Kayla Lashae), but I was disappointed when I tasted them. It’s just a regular fruit snack and reminds me a lot of the Simply fruit snacks sold in Target. I can taste the watermelon, but there’s nothing special about this snack. Extra point for me because I love watermelon, 2/5.
- Country Ranch Sunflower Kernels: I LOVE SUNFLOWER SEEDS, just not these. I knew that this would just be the kernel, but I taste no ranch whatsoever. Thankfully I don’t mind eating the kernel of the seed, but I really taste no ranch. Not even a hint. 1/5.
- Dried Mango: I loved the scent once I opened it. I have been on a mango kick this year and it has trumped strawberries in being my favorite fruit. When trying it I could definitely taste the mango flavor I just didn’t expect it to be as dry as it was. It’s a good snack though. 3.5/5
- Honey Dijon Pretzels: MY FAVORITE SNACK IN THE ENTIRE BOX! I love these so much and if I were to order another box I’d definitely get another box. The dijon mustard does not overpower. Great snack, 5/5.
- Sunshine Chips: The bonus snack was not a snack I would purchase, but it wasn’t that bad. I wouldn’t really consider it a chip as it has that chewy consistent like the dried mango. I was expecting way more of a bite like a veggie chip or something. I ended up giving them to my grandmother. 2/5.
Mathematically from my ratings, without the bonus snack, the box would receive a 2.9/5. I think it’s a great concept what Nature Box is doing, but I wouldn’t pay $19.95 for this box so yes I’ll be unsubscribing for the time being. While there are snacks I want to try, but I’m not really interested. I am glad to have tried it to see what all the hype was about and even happier that I only paid $9.99.